Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Journée des Doudous

At Tae's school they have something called the Cahier de Vie.  It is a little book with pictures of the students and the activities that they do together.  Each student gets to take the book home with them one of the days so they can look through it and add their own things.  I found a few things funny in this little 'book of life' of the students at Ecole d'Orielles.
these are all Tae's classmates.  Can you spot Tae?
 This would be the first thing I thought was cute/funny.  There is an entire page dedicated to Tae, the new kid from Los Angeles.... ooohhh ahhhhh.  How cute is that?  All the kids think Tae is cool anyway, because he is different, and I love it.  He has so many friends at his school.
It says 'Since October 5, there is a new student in our class.  Here is Tae (pronounced Tay), he is from Los Angeles.
Now here is what I think is funny.  At the beginning of the school year for Tae, he still didn't speak any French and didn't know many people.  There was a day for their doudous.  They had a party for them, etc. etc.  A couple days before they gave us a sheet of paper that told us when the kids should bring their doudous.  Well, Tae doesn't have a doudou, so I asked him what he wanted to bring.  I think it was the first toy he had seen or something, but he chose to take this little dog thing that I am pretty sure we got in a happy meal or something.  haha  Check out the pictures...


To the left it says 'A recption with our doudous.' and 'one is happy and it shows!' 
Now look at the left hand page.  I know it isn't all that clear, but each picture is of the kid standing up and showing their doudous. Can you spot Tae?  I'll give you a hint, he isn't nearly excited as the other kids.  Below is a little better picture of that page.
It is the second to last row, picture on the left, Tae is sitting down like 'what is going on here?'
 Now this picture really cracks me up.  All the kids sitting with their doudous.  Check out Tae, bottom row, third from the end.  hahahahaha Holding his little doggy.  This cracks me up.

'Our portrait with our doudou'

the little boy to the right is Tae's best friend in school
So I was showing Lavar the book last night.  Journée des Doudous.  Day of the doudous.  Lavar says "you know you're in France when they have a 'day of the doudous.'"  Then we laughed about it a bit.  We love our life... haha

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Doudous - seriously I just don't get it! I was the "bad mother" at daycare because I sent my son there without a doudou. Now he has a hand-me down doudou that someone left behind.