Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mommy vs Eli

This is my beautiful monster.  Eli John Simmons.  OH MAN.  If I ever thought I was a good mom or better than another mom, I'm sorry.  I will never ever think that again.  Eli, you have set me straight.  The checklist for a good kid is out the window. 

Here is our mealtime.  For some reason, the last few days, Eli has decided that he doesn't want to eat dinner.  I make his baby food and I am not throwing it out because he decided he didn't want to eat it, so wartime it is. 

Little bit of a whine
Now he is a clever monster.  It is tough to get one by him.  He swings his hands in front of his face, trying to swat the spoon out of my hands or away.  I used to get a bite in when he would cry, but now the smarty-pants cries with his mouth closed.  Man.


Before he learned to cry with his mouth closed.  Right when I would slip a bite in his mouth
Now I am a stubborn person and my husband makes me look bad in that department, so we aren't new to this.  And Eli, you have met your match.  Knowing that I am fully aware (well maybe not fully, are we ever really fully?) what kind of personality he has, I am up for the challenge (most nights).  All I know is that mommy has to win. 
And win I did.

A defeated little monster

That is what I call victory.

*DISCLAIMER* 
 I LOVE my son.  Words like monster and sly and stubborn are all endearing words when coming from a mother.  He can be a challenge and still have my heart strings.  Which he does.

1 comment:

Tammi Durso said...

You sweet momma! No one can doubt that you love your boys. Hang in there!