Ok, so now for some pics of London!! I had an awesome time. The city was so different than I thought. The architechture was incredible, I might even say better than France. It was also actually more Americanized than I thought. They had more American products than we do here in France, which was quite appealing! I don't know why I expected it to be pretty close to France, but it wasn't. It had its own feel. I most definitely fell in love with the city. I wasn't used to, however, because able to talk and assume no one could understand me. I had to be a bit more careful with what I said... hehe It was a great feeling to be able to communicate with everyone. Like I didn't have to translate everything in my head first. I could just go up to anyone and ask without thinking too much about it. That was most definitely nice. I would love love love to go back to England. I loved London, but the entire country to be in intriguing. Maybe take a Pride and Prejudice Tour and see all the places from the movie. Overall, loved it. Would love to go back. I feel like I didn't even touch half of what I is there to see.
 |
| It's in English! |
 |
| Isn't it beautiful? |
I went with my friend Stacy from college. Actually, funny story. I never actually went to college with Stacy. We went to the same college, I was just a, eh-um, few years ahead of her. He husband played basketball with my brother. Last year Stacy and her husband moved to Australia for basketball and now they are in England. So they are living a very similar life as we are. It is just so neat for us to have someone who can understand our lifestyle, because believe it or not, a lot of people don't. But that's okay, we happen to love it! So it was so refreshing to talk to her all weekend and share adjustment stories and pieces of advice with eachother. I truly enjoyed it and plan on making it an every year thing! (hope that's okay, Stacy!) I am hoping and praying they play in the same league, or maybe same team! :) hey a girl can dream. I will settle for a nice place to visit, I suppose.
 |
| Top of a double decker bus |
 |
flower heads on the Stella McCartney Models
Oh and closest we came to anything Beatles. And I was going to try to make my brother jealous! |
 |
| Oh YES! |
 |
| So fun! |
 |
| Camden Town |
 |
| I had to make a very important phone call... :) |
 |
| I saw this and said 'look! A ship in a boat!' Can you tell I am a mom loosing her mind? |
 |
| Niiice horsey... |
 |
| It started to nibble on me! |
 |
| Big Ben and a red phone booth! |
 |
| Even the street lamps were pretty |
 |
| At the gates of Buckingham Palace waiting for the Queen to invite us in for tea! |
 |
| ahhh, dinner. Good 'ole fish and chips |
4 comments:
So glad you had some time with someone who understands your day to day life. I've been to Paris, but I've never been to England. I love everything you showed here...even the horse nibble!
Your pictures are so fun! It makes me want to go back to London!
looks like you had so much fun!!! when i went to europe i was in englad just for 2 days. we were super busy trying to see everything. so glad lavar 'let' you go on this vacation, i can tell you needed it :)
oh and i tried to email you back thru blogger but your email is a no reply thing. i would love to get together when we get home to california!! :) it is a must!! lots to catch up on :)
also...aarika is home, should said she would love to help you and marissa with the business if you need/want her. i dont have your info to give her, if you want email me linzyalexis@gmail.com
Loved the post:) And Yes!!!! I completely agree about making it a yearly tradition:)!!!
Post a Comment