Monday, January 31, 2011

Amazing Race

Okay, so lately, I don't really know why, but I have really really been wanting to apply for the Amazing Race.  I have it in my head that I could actually get on the show!  I think my dad and I would be perfect candidates.  I actually think that Lavar and I would get on the show because we are so different, black/white, captian cautious/crazy, loud/quiet, you get the picture.  But for two reasons that wouldn't be a good idea (so says Lavar).  1. Lavar doesn't have an American passport, okay fine.  2.  He says 'No thank you, I like my marriage!'  haha, okay okay.  I think I would get farther with my dad, he is more competitive.

So here are the reasons I think my dad and I would dominate:
1.  We would work well together.  We have a good relationship already.  We are both smart logical people and I think together we could do any task. 
2.  Competitive.  Need I say more?  I don't know anyone more competitive than my dad.  He would pass on and die on the floor before he let someone beat him.  We ran two 10Ks together and he beat me both times.  And he is over 50... not my proudest moment, but I did finish the race!
3.  He is not afraid to push me, and push me hard.  He isn't all sweet sugar coating type encouragement.  Like 'come on, just do your best!'  No my dad is like 'come on Natalia!  You can do better than that!'  The summer I was going from high school to college I was training really hard for my first year as a collegiate volleyball player.  After we came back from a ski trip my dad and I went out to the field to do some sprints.  Well I must have pulled something while skiing, because I could not run.  It was so painful.  My dad said 'fine, let's quit.  Everyone else is out there doing their sprints, but you, your quitting.  That's fine, let's go home.'  Needless to say, the athlete in me made  me finish the sprints, but it was not fun, and I was in pain.  But my dad never let me quit.  I think that would a good quality in a race like that!
4.  We don't have any big fears.  We aren't afraid of heights or water or slides or whatever.  I think we could do pretty much every challenge.  My biggest difficulty would be eating something nasty.  Or if there was ever anything with snakes, I couldn't do that for sure, but they don't usually have stuff like that. 

I think my dad and I are the PERFECT match for a race like this, and we would do so freakin awesome together I am sure.  I am gonna apply someday, I just don't know the timing of when to apply.  I would LOVE to be on that show!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Love it! I always wanted to do it too, then I had a 30 minute connection in Paris and I thought I lost a lung. I realized I would be horrible at that show!