Today Tae had a friend come over and play!! Yay for friends for Tae! However, it was a little touch and go...
As much as I do love our life, the traveling and seeing other parts of the world, there are down sides. One is that we have to leave our awesome awesome family and friends and move to a place where we barely speak the language (or not at all) and we don't know anyone. It is difficult to say the least. When you have to translate in your head everything you want to say before you say it. And when you work so hard to do it and think you got it just right and they just stare at you. Yep, that's the best.
So Tae has seriously been the ultimate trooper. He goes to a school where he can't understand anything and didn't have any friends and he hangs in there. He doesn't cry when I leave and he is smiling when I pick him up 3 hours later. I don't know many adults who would manage the same. Well, with all the moving we have to do all the time, Tae doesn't have very many toys. And it is okay, I don't want Tae to have a ton of toys or anything, but he seriously has nothing. Like it is a little embaressing (for me). I love that it is fine for Tae and he never complains, but when friends come over and they are like, 'This is crap. I'm bored already.'
This is kinda what happened today. Etienne came over. He is a sweet kid, don't get me wrong, but after like a half hour he just wanted to watch TV. I am thinking (total mom-like) 'Oh my gosh, I have to make this fun for him or he will never want to come over again. He is Tae's only friend!!' So I am down on the floor racing cars, building towers and knocking them down, trying to interest Etienne is something without truly succeeding. I called my mom on skype, he thought that was funny for a second. Then we were in the guest room and I threw Tae on the bed. Yep, that is what Etienne liked. Being thrown onto the bed. So needless to say, that was my workout today!
I am so happy that Tae doesn't really know the difference. He has never said that he doesn't have enough. He asks us to buy him stuff all the time, but he never complains about what he has. (I am sure that comes later in life) I want him to appreciate what he has and be thankful to who gives it to him, I never want him to be a snob about toys and presents. But the toy chest needs a little upgrade. Now all I have to do is convince the husband. He seems to think Tae is completely fine...
1 comment:
He really is the best boy! I remember walking with him through Target thinking I was going to have to buy him whatever he wanted! But he always put it back when I asked him to without any whining. Of course then I had to buy him something. It's good that he's not spoiled, but it's also good that Christmas is coming up. Toy box, get ready!
Post a Comment