Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Faux-Thanksgiving Weekend

Oh my goodness, so handsome!

This weekend was Thanksgiving weekend at the church that we are attending. We were able to find this church through GBIM (Grace Brethren International Missions) who connected us with a church in Lyon (a little too far) and they connected us with a church here. It is funny because the few other basketball players that we know who are believers and lived in St Etienne have attended this church. I didn't even talk to them before trying it, so I thought it was a pretty funny coincident!
Anyway, it was great. I made two pumpkin pies, which turned out okay, but the crust was a bummer because I bought it premade and I think it is supposed to be used for tarts or quiches. (I know, I know, Dad) But they still tasted good and I didn't get any leftovers, so that must have been a good sign. The sweet potato casserole was a huge hit. I think because it is so sweet. I didn't use my grandma's recipe, which is one of my favorites, because I couldn't find it, but this one was good too.

It was really nice fellowship and fun. I didn't get to use a lot of French because I was sat at a table with all English speaking people. Which is good for Lavar. But my friend Lydie was there and she told me in French to always speak in French! I got a little scolding... Overall it was fun. I just have a few pictures, not many, I have got to get used to taking more pictures!!


Tae grubbin

Eli in a big boy high chair!

Eli just couldn't hang



Handsome

Handsome!


3 comments:

Barbara said...

It sounds like fun. The American Church is having a similar thing in two weeks after services. I'm still kind of iffy on going...I just don't know if it would "feel" the same.

Tammi Durso said...

You have the most handsome boys, all three of them!!!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Natalia! I love your blog and now I'm following! :) What a life you lead!

Tiffany
www.stephenandtiffanyseston.blogspot.com