Thursday, November 25, 2010

Please Eli, pretty, pretty PLEASE!!

Okay Ladies this is serious.  My cute little 7 month old booger WILL NOT sleep.  I am at a loss.  My first son was/is an excellent sleeper.  In fact, he is such a good sleeper that we are having the opposite problem with him, trying to get him to wake up to go to the bathroom in the night.  Eli on the other hand is ridiculous. He wakes up at least twice a night and then in the morning at around 6:30 or 7:00.  I know some kids just do that, but the thing is, I know he is tired.  I know he needs to sleep more.  I just don't know how to get him to do it. 

I have always been a fan of scheduling babies.  It worked for me and it worked for a lot of other mothers I know.  It helps them sleep and frees you up a lot.  However, I do understand it doesn't fit every parenting type, and people should do what works for them.  All that to say I started with Eli from week 2 or 3 and he was excellent.  Slept through the night at 8 weeks old, totally on his own.  After that, NO problem with him.  Then we moved to France.  It took him two nights to sleep through the night again.  It was excellent.  After that, he was fine.  Then a month or so later, he started having problems.  He just wakes up in the middle of the night or very early morning.  And now to add to that, he now will not take good naps.  Like literally an hour total per day.  Which I know is not enough. 

So I am ruling out time change and adjusting.  We have been here too long.  I am ruling out light sleeper, because serisouly, no one else ever wakes up until he is crying!  I haven't entirely ruled out teething.  He isn't drooling a ton like Tae did and he still has no teeth.  He is always biting his gums.  I got some gel to rub on his teeth and some French non-medical calmer thing and I am just not sure it helps.  Poor little guy.  Poor Daddy, poor Mommy!  I would say poor brother, but I am pretty sure he sleeps through most of it!!

I would love any suggestions any other parents have for teething or sleeping or both.  I don't want to get in the habit of rocking him back to sleep or have him get used to things that aren't possible to keep up.  I just want him to SLEEP!!  Looking forward to comments!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I know this sounds horrible, but when Nathan is really having a hard time with the teething we give him a little Advil. It helps him with the pain and since it's an anti-inflammatory it soothes the gums. It was a recommendation from our pediatrician here and it's worked wonders on getting him to sleep at night when the teeth just won't come through