Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day

Okay, so he is home!!  He made it, it is almost surreal, having him here.  Tae was so cute asking him all these questions like he was going to be gone in the morning.  "Daddy, do you have to go to work in the morning?"  You know, daddy's work in Tae's head means that he will be getting on another airplane and leaving.  "No Tae, daddy is going to be around for a while."  Oh and of course, he is protective of his daddy, even though daddy doesn't need it at all.  We would be talking and you know, sometimes it can get intense, but mostly we would be laughing about something.  Tae says "Mommy, are you talking nice to my daddy?"  "Yes, Tae, I am talking nice."  And as if Tae doesn't already have a bend toward being on the guy's side, Lavar doesn't do anything to stop him!  He just laughs and says "that's my boy!"  Ugh, guess I'm on my own...
But it has been a great help having him here.  I love it.  Just the littler things, like getting Eli when he isn't ready to eat, but still waking up.  There are those times where I literally cannot get out of bed, like it is physically impossible for me, then he will go help Eli.  The bummer is that I am still nursing so there is only so much he can do.  But he helps a ton and I cannot complain about that.  We LOVE having him home.
I have some pictures from Memorial Day.  We just went to Aunt Veta and Uncle Tim's house for a little BBQ and swimming.  Uncle Tim read a story about a soldier who gave him life to save others and it was very touching thinking about all the men who have risked their life or given it so that we can have our freedom.  Very humbling.
Apparently, Tae got thrown in the pool!  I was upstairs feeding Eli and when I came out his cousin Coby told me about it.  I guess he threw him in thinking he could swim.  Tae did great though, so I heard, he kept above water for about 20 seconds until Uncle Jeremy got him.  Coby went in the house and said to his dad: "Dad, I just did a really stupid thing."  Good thing I wasn't there and didn't see it.  It was a lot funnier hearing about it after, then I was just proud that Tae did so well.  And it didn't make Tae afraid of the water, either!  He was still swimming later.  It did, however, make him afraid of every person who walked in his direction near the pool.  He constantly thought he was going to get thrown in.  Poor guy! 

I am going to add some pictures of Tae's soccer practice too, because Lavar was there.  It is so funny.  Tae is getting better, but we definitely need to practice during the week.  He doesn't understand that you can take the ball from someone else when they are kicking it.  It is understandable when for 3 years he has been told to share, don't' take things from other kids, and be gentle.  Now we are saying 'be aggresive!' and 'take the ball from that little girl!'  I am sure he will get it soon though, he is smart.  But I do think he will be our gentle giant.

No comments: