Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where have I been???

Soooo sorry for all my lovely peeps who read this blog.  I have totally been MIA for like a month.  That is awful.  But let me tell you about where I have been....

So when the boys were sick a while back, for over a month, it was pretty rough over here in the Simmons household.  It was just me and Lavar (obviously) which is really a bummer living so far away from family and friends.  But at the end of that time, I was feeling pretty dumpy and depressed.  I felt like I didn't do anything for myself, I hadn't worn makeup for weeks, and I forgot about things that i wanted to do.  I know this sounds a bit selfish, but I knew that there could be a balance.  Anyone who knows me knows I am not the best at balance, but hey, that's what life is for, working on things!! 

I had been bouncing around in the bloggy world and found blogs like Sydney's and Elaine's.  I also found Eisy Morgan.  I thought, you know what?  I can do this.  I can do more for myself to feel better about myself and in return do better as a wife and mom.  I didn't want to change this blog into a blog for me, because so many family members read it and I didn't want to bore them with outfit posts or crafting ideas.  So I started my own.  It is called Ma Nouvelle Mode.  I am having a blast doing it.  I love it because it challenges me to come up with new things to do, like crafting or makeup or hair.  I love reading all the other blogs out there for awesome inspiration.  Not that I don't like the 'momma blogs' but I don't care as much to read about someone else's life.  Unless I know them, of course! 

I just wanted to give a quick update for you all.  I would love it if you stopped by and checked it out.  Even follow if you find it interesting enough to do so!  If not, no hard feelings, trust me!  :)  I will do my best at keeping this blog up with pics of the little men and stuff like that.  Thanks for staying with me!!  Oh and I come home in 6 weeks! Yikes!!  And I am going to Paris next week, super fun! :)

No comments: