This is my first attempt at Challah bread. I didn't know that it was a Jewish bread until tonight, but that is okay, I have always seen it, thought it was pretty, and wondered if I could make it. Well, now I know I can! I made it tonight for dinner with the Bakker family, and it was good. It is a kind of sweet bread, it calls for a half a cup of sugar, but it was yummy. Kinda like Hawaiian bread or something. I think it will be fantastic for French toast or even just toasted with butter and jam in the mornings. In France this is kinda what the bread tastes like there. And Lavar usually likes that bread, so maybe this will be a hit with him also. I saw on some blogs the other day that there are some people that do what they call the BBA challenge. It is the Breadmaker's Apprentice challenge. The Breadmaker's Apprentice is a book that has a bunch of bread recipes. I would LOVE to do that and I think I will, maybe soon. But for now I have my certain recipes that I am sticking to and I haven't finished all in the book, so that should be my first goal. The book I use is called Husband is a professional international basketball player from the Bahamas. Wifey is a regular girl from little Simi Valley. Now we are raising two big boys internationally and loving every minute of it! (Well, almost every minute...)
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Baking Attempt
This is my first attempt at Challah bread. I didn't know that it was a Jewish bread until tonight, but that is okay, I have always seen it, thought it was pretty, and wondered if I could make it. Well, now I know I can! I made it tonight for dinner with the Bakker family, and it was good. It is a kind of sweet bread, it calls for a half a cup of sugar, but it was yummy. Kinda like Hawaiian bread or something. I think it will be fantastic for French toast or even just toasted with butter and jam in the mornings. In France this is kinda what the bread tastes like there. And Lavar usually likes that bread, so maybe this will be a hit with him also. I saw on some blogs the other day that there are some people that do what they call the BBA challenge. It is the Breadmaker's Apprentice challenge. The Breadmaker's Apprentice is a book that has a bunch of bread recipes. I would LOVE to do that and I think I will, maybe soon. But for now I have my certain recipes that I am sticking to and I haven't finished all in the book, so that should be my first goal. The book I use is called
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
looks tasty. I won't some.
It IS delicious! Tastes similar to Hawaiian bread but better! You're becoming quite the baker.
Oops! That previous comment was supposed to be by me but I was signed in on Talia's name. Anyway, it was delicious.
I'm impressed, bread is no easy task. Way to keep up the blog too, I love it.
Hey we need to see some pictures of you lady and to hear what is going on with Lavar. And yes I'm working on a belly pic of me for my blog too.
Post a Comment