Oh my gosh, I am so nervous and anxious. I have so many mixed emotions. We just found out yesterday that our next location will be St. Ettienne, France!! It is about 45 minutes south of Lyon, France which is the third biggest city in France... I think. It's up there anyway. Lavar might have to leave tomorrow. This is the part that I hate about our lifestyle. Even though I love the opportunities we have with living in other countries and experiencing different cultures, we have to leave home. I feel like Lavar just got here and now he is leaving again. I feel like we haven't really gotten to experience the summer. Because of our lifestyle it is hard to maintain friendships throughout the cities that we live in. I know that a big part of that is me and that I need to do a better job with being a good friend to people. The other part is that people honestly don't understand our lifestyle, (I don't expect them to) and they have their own. They don't need friends so why reach out? It is hard. But the last thing I want to happen is in 6 or so years when my husband is done playing and we come back to So Cal and live a 'normal' life for me to look back at our time spent traveling and regret how I lived. I have an opportunity some people only dream of (and some people think I'm crazy). I get to live in another country and experience another culture. Europe is at my fingertips. Everything is just a little train ride or flight away. I am putting my 3 year old son in preschool this year to learn French. I've always wanted to learn another language and to learn from such a young age. He won't even have an accent in either language. I wish someone could have done that for me. Hopefully he can appreciate it later. I get to experience the world. And although this might not be appealing to some people, I have always loved travel, adventure, and different. (I mean look who I married!)So here it is, our next adventure. I am nervous and anxious and excited all at the same time. I keep telling myself all the fun things, the benefits of our life right now because when I don't actually believe them, if I say them enough it will be true! I know once I am there it will be great. I just hate leaving my wonderful family and taking my son away from all his awesome cousins and friends. This is our life, crazy or not, so I have to make the best of it!
2 comments:
Oh That is awesome! And to be able to offer your son the variety and culture at such a young age. You go girl and soak up every experience your life has to offer.
You have the right attitude! As a Navy wife, we move around a lot, though usually it is within the states, but still it is exciting to travel. I have always wanted too, and I really had to look at our move to Guam as an adventure and something few get to experience really!
We are hoping when the kids are older to get stationed in Italy for a few years to have Europe 'at our fingertips' as you shared! It can be difficult to be so far from family and loved ones, but its all about the right attitude!
Post a Comment