Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Emily Beaty's Shower



My mom and I just put together a shower for Emily Beaty welcoming her new baby girl, Aubry Beaty. As always, my mom and I had a lot of fun coming up with creative ways to pull it all together. We did a strawberry pink with a lighter pink and brown. Personally I thought it was so cute she needed to do her nursery in those colors!! But if I have a baby girl, I will end up using them, so I guess it is good she didn't. This time around I was responsible for all the food which might seem like a huge burden for some people, but I LOVE it! I baked a sourdough breadbowl from scratch, which was so fun, bruschetta, a pecan-strawberry-feta cheese salad with homemade dressing that I made, and a chinese chicken salad with homemade salad dressing. The second was a little spicy, but people said they liked it. Next time I would use half the chili-garlic sauce to take some of the zing out of it. Then for dessert I made a vanilla cake with black raspberry reserves in the middles layers and Chambord Liqueur frosting. That was fun. I also had little "strawberry creams" they were called. I thought they were cute, they were in little glasses that were so cute and we got them at the dollar store! Anyway, it was so fun, and I would love to be doing this more often. We will see if I get some opportunities in the future. People are amazed that I enjoy it so much and that it isn't a complete burden! So pass my name along! Hopefully, Emily enjoyed the shower, she got some good stuff. I think she is due early September, so that is exciting! She looks fabulous, too, not like she is 9 months pregnant!

No comments: